Friday, September 2, 2016

SELF TAUGHT SEWING



Why did not i discovered early that I actually attracted to sewing. Back then, my mum owned a sewing machine but i never really interested plus im still so young and what i knew is playing with the treadle sewing machine. Until now i don't really know how to operate it. Plus, the sewing machine was broken and is kept in the storage house at hometown. My first ever small project when i was young, was a simple small tote bag. Hand sewn. I really wants to own one until i decided to sew one for myself from a scrap fabric. It turned out nice until my sister had it for herself since i went to boarding school. And no more sewing related stuff until I purchased my portable sewing machine 4y ago. But did not really utilize it because i was pregnant with Hazel. 



And now, so eager to learn sewing. But at the moment, self-taught.. Looking over the net for tutorial is only choice right now and of course practicing lah.

Last week made a simple chiffon cardigan. It is simple project, measure, cut and sew. But yeah working with chiffon fabric is no joke. Need lot of pins to prevent fabrics sliding.



After a succeed try i must say (cause it wearable), I want to sew one or two for myself in pattern fabric. And if it turn nicer, may be i can sell some? Who want to buy? I have not found a nice fabric for the cardigan but right now in mind i wanted to sew a boxy tops and shorts. Gosh, sewing is addiction (same as my addiction to makeup) but so lil time as I have two lil critters that will not let me enjoying my addiction.

Until then, hopefully with another sewn cardigan.

5 comments:

  1. kalau yng simple2 buli la chii.. bikin hilang borng ni jg

    ReplyDelete
  2. jait dress kasi hazel baa.. comel tu.. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete